We will build an institution the likes of which has never been seen; one that will be a benefit and a blessing to those associated with it.
TO OUR COMMUNITY
The Key West Woman’s Club (KWWC), a volunteer service organization founded in 1915, lives up to its motto “Qui Non Proficit Deficit” by assisting Key West and Monroe County non-profits with ongoing contributions from fundraising efforts by its membership. KWWC members are dedicated to bettering the quality of life in our community. Some of the non-profits supported by the Key West Woman’s Club include:
The Key West Woman’s Club building has received recognition by the National Historic Preservation Board. The building, one of the few privately owned mansions remaining on historic Duval Street is also sustained by the efforts of the members of the Key West Woman’s Club.
Key West Woman’s Club – Organized May 3, 1915
First Wednesday of Each Month October – April at Noon
Florida Federation of Woman’s Club 1915
General Federation of Woman’s Club 1916
Club Colors: White and Gold
Club Flower: Stephanotis
COLLECT FOR CLUBWOMEN
Keep us, O God, from pettiness; let us be large
In thought, in word, in deed.
Let us be done with fault–finding and leave off self–seeking.
May we put away all pretense and meet each other face to face, with out self–pity and prejudice.
May we never be hasty in judgment and always generous.
Let us take time for all things;
make us grow calm, serene, gentle.
Teach us to put into action our better impulses,
straightforward and unafraid.
Grant that we may realize it is the little things
that create big differences,
that in the big things of life we are as one.
And may we strive to touch and to know
the common woman’s heart of us all,
and Oh Lord God, let us not forget to be kind.